On August 13 the People’s Supreme Procuracy approved the four-month arrest warrant and prosecution against Mr. Truong Vui, born 1959, living at No. 137, Hoang Van Thu Street, Ward 8, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City for investigation of the behavior "fraudulent appropriation of assets".
According to initial investigation, Vui cheated many people and many organizations to appropriate hundreds of billions dong (tens of million USD).
Initial investigation showed that he used the property and the land at No. 4-6, Ho Tung Mau Street, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, HCM City as mortgages and capital contribution to many projects in order to appropriate dozens of millions of USD.
In addition, although his company did not have any goods, Vui signed trading contracts to appropriate a lot of money of the Bien Hoa Import and Export Company.
Vui also used a plot of land in An PhucCommune, Thuan An district, Binh Duong province, as the mortgage for loans at several banks and then was in insolvency.
The case is being investigated by the Ministry of Public Security.
- HCM City: Businessman arrested for million USD fraud
- Piano to merge with spiritual singing in new theatre show
- National records marks Hanoi’s 1,000th birthday
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 11/1
- Energy-saving home honoured
- Traditional ceramics trade revitalised in Hue
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 22/4
- Old Quarter promotes craft work
- Fashion designer channels spirit of nature
- Museum happy for antique gifts
- VND8.5 trillion to develop craft villages in Hanoi
- Puny fines fail to deter environmental crimes
- Bamboo craft village revives former glory
- Craft Village Fair to be held in Nam Dinh
- UNIDO gives Hoi An solid waste treatment solutions
- Wood exporters to cope with tougher rules
- Target for Japanese tourists in doubt
- Growing local market attracts furniture exporters
- Unique tours for businesspeople
- Cham Brocade in My Nghiep Village